Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New opportunities

Today brought another opportunity in an area I have always been interested in but never pursued

I've always been a huge sports fan for as long as I can remember; the Dallas Cowboys of the 70s might of had something to do with that as I loved watching them on Sundays. The 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team, the Boston Celtics with Larry Bird. I've just always enjoyed sports for as long as I can remember.

Last year I pursued freelance photography work with a small newspaper and landed a good little gig covering local sports on the sidelines. I learned I enjoyed it and couldn't wait for the following Friday so I could get on the sideline again.

I just learned today that the same newspaper is also going to pay me to write articles of the games I will be covering. I was so excited during the conversation and absolutely cannot wait until August so I can get back out there, I will be prepared with a micophone- or honestly my IPHONE to talk to some of the players as well as photograph the action as it's happening.

It's funny how life brings you full circle and you get to participate in things you enjoyed as a child and now as an adult you get to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment