Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Learning to read

I saw an interesting comment by a new photographer saying they didn't like to read and from what I gather they wanted someone to show or explain everything to them.

At times I still feel like I am new to photography and not as experienced as others, but a majority of my time I spend reading articles, reviews and posts in the hopes of improving.  I like watching YouTube as much as the next person but just seeing instructions on a computer screen or magazine text seems to help me more.

Today I received my newest photography book to read Scott Kelby The Digital Photography Book. I can already tell it's going to be a good read, and I'm only about 30 pages in, and I'm going to learn quite a bit from it.

What if I didn't read?  I doubt Scott Kelby would come show me what to do on a regular basis- he just doesn't have the time and I sure don't have the money.

Reading is relaxing, helpful and keeps the brain from going to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment