Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Beware of certain groups

As a photographer I'm always looking for groups to join and pages to like to help me in my quest of becoming an improved photographer.

This week I was approved to join a closed group for local photographers in my area. The very first post was posted by another photographer "complaining" about another photographers rates. The remainder of the posts were negative about this innocent photographer who had no clue they were the subject of the thread. They went so far to say someone should post their website information so they could contact them.

I found this a form of bullying and was disgusted with the group and the energy involved. I don't seem to think what others charge is any of my business, I may look at websites to see what I charge compares to them but I would never make a negative comment.

I ended up leaving this Closed Group and unfriended the lady that posted the beginning of the bullying (she is a photographer in a club I belong to).

I realize photography is competitive but...talking negatively about a photographer is something I was upset about and didn't feel needed another second of my time.

We all have a lot of knowledge and could help each other out and stay positive in the learning process.

Maybe she's chosen because she's better than the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment