Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mix your loves

I had the pleasure of taking a day off at work and spending it with my 16 yr old son. I thank God he hasn't outgrown me yet and that Mom is still OK to hang out with.

We didn't want to do the usual mom and son activity which is the museum or movie so we headed over to Dallas and pulled into Speed Zone. If you've never been to this place and your in the Dallas area I highly recommend it.

We got a pretty good deal with a game card and headed out to the track. At first my thought process was to bring my new 80-400mm lens along and take photos, I performed that pleasure when Nick hit the dragsters. I was having a great time seeing his huge smile through my camera. I did really enjoy my new lens bringing me closer to his expression while he raced and I was able to capture some memories I am sure to cherish for a long time.

Afterwards he headed over to the go cart racing and from what I could see was having a blast. Enough of watching, I felt the competitor in me want to race and race I did. I should be on the stock car circuit because I kicked all their butts in the next go cart race.

Today was a blessed day that I am so glad I asked my new boss for a day off to have fun with my son and capture those memories with my new gear.

Take a chance and spend time with family and while your at it, capture a few shots to cherish later!

No comments:

Post a Comment