Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The year of learning


In January I set out to learn more and more, I felt like I had the basics but I just needed to refine what I had learned the previous year.  One of the things I set out to learn is Photoshop and Lightroom, the photo above was originally set in a field with green trees and grass.  I had seen a photo recently with a horse and rider but the background was black; I felt it stood out and I wanted to try this myself.

I didn't know exactly where to start to so I enlisted the talents of a very talented member of our local Camera Club, he pointed me in the right direction with links and the terminology to get me to the place I needed to learn.

I followed the steps and was able to finish the photo, I need to work on cleaning the photo up a bit, but for a first try I have to say I happy with the results; but most importantly I am happy that I tried.

2014 isn't over and I can't wait to compare how I photographed and edited in January to the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment