Sunday, July 27, 2014

Shy Deer


We are currently on our family vacation at Pagosa Springs, Colorado; we came up for a couple reasons; Carl wanted to scout his hunting area he will be hitting in September and I wanted to try my hand at photographing wildlife as well as slow shutter speed on streams and hopefully a waterfall.

Last night we headed out to one of the locations that Carl will be hunting and saw quite a few doe and from a far off distance I did see 4 bucks but I wasn't able to get a photo of them.

I had to bump my ISO up to 4000 in order to get enough light in for this photo, thankfully I did shoot in RAW and post processed in LR5.  I still don't like shooting with my ISO that high, even though I've read numerous articles to not be afraid to raise the ISO - I still am.

Overall I was happy with this little lady - she posed long enough for me to snap a couple photos and tonight when we head out I hope to catch a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment