Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Revamping the Portfolio

If you've read any of my blogs from earlier this year you'll know that in 2014 my goal was to learn more and work on new techniques to help me become a better photographer.

I've seen improvements in my work and seem to think "Outside the Box" when I'm out practicing.  So  recently I sat back and looked at my portfolio and it's probably the worse one I've ever seen and it's mine.

My goal for the remainder of this year is to work on my "branding" and create a portfolio that will let everyone know I am and even more who I want to be as a photographer.  I know a portfolio is always something you will work on, but you have to have something to start with and WOW!  mine has no meaning whatsoever.

If I ever want to be taken seriously as a photographer I need to be able to show my work in more than just a photo here and a photo there.  I enlisted the aid of a fellow photographer from our Camera Club to offer his CC on what I am re working and I wouldn't mind showing it to a few more members of the club as well.

I think always working on improving will show you how far you've come in something you truly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment