Saturday, August 23, 2014

Giving Team Roping a Try


So Today I tried a different Rodeo category, Team Roping, as you know I photograph Barrel Racing about 95% of the time and have been asked to do some rodeos but they are almost always at night.

I have 3 Alien Bee Strobe sets but they just don't seem to be able to light these dark outdoor arena's so I end up turning down these jobs.  Today, outdoors in the hot texas sun I was asked to stop by and photograph a team roping.  I ended up going by for a few hours and was happy with the outcome of most of my photos.  I posted photos to my Facebook page Jo H Photography (if you get a chance take a look).

This photo is one of my favorites, and it helps he is also the manager at Diamond T arena, he keeps me busy with all of the barrel races at his arena.  I need a little more practice but I like what I was able to accomplish today and can't wait to get back out there to try to see if I can grab some good photos for the ropers.

No comments:

Post a Comment