Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In your own backyard


You just never know what you will find in your own backyard; I planned to get together with two other photographers on Sunday.  They both cancelled and I had already set my mind on getting some photos of something besides rodeo for that day; I set out on a little drive to a few of the small towns around where I live.

I ended up in a small community on a country road I had never been down and happened across this small little paradise.  I drove by a few times wondering if they would mind if I photographed their cactus from the road; I thought to myself, just drive up and ask if they say No please don't It sure wouldn't be the first time.

The opposite happened when they invited me up and told me to go anywhere I wanted, photograph all I wanted and come back.  I spent about an hour or so of my time wondering the grounds and thinking this is such a beautiful little place that I never would of found if the ladies I was to meet that day hadn't cancelled.

Cactus, flowers, deer, windmills rocks, metal art - all arranged in a beautiful way.  I can't wait to venture back up and wonder around to see what other treasures I may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment