Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Growing into Fine Art



As an event photographer something we always want to do is bring new photos and angles to the athlete that competes in the events we photograph.  As a photographer we like to grow into new things.

One of the areas I am growing into is working on fine art.  This photo above is an AQHA Stallion by the name of FK Snow Camo affectionately known as CAM.  Owned by Curtis Watson Quarter Horses, he recently qualified for AQHA World in Heeling.

The minute I saw him I knew I had to work on this fine art project I had in mind.  I have never worked on High Pass and brighter exposure, I tend to work with the black background.

I knew the angle I wanted which when your working with horses that may or may not work, once we got the angle then I knew the rest was up to me.  I have people ask me what or how I do the things I do in Photoshop, I honestly tell them I don't know I just start playing.  The best way to learn anything or grow in whatever you do is trial and error.

Cam's finish photo was try number 3, i deleted the first 2 attempts.  I was happy with the final product which included alot of gradient, alot of curves alot of brush work replacing his eye, the content fill to remove the halter.

The best thing you can do is find some tutorials on youtube to get started on some training and just practice.  I am really happy with the final result and this will be blown up for the owners and also shown at my photo booth as well.

Please Follow "Cam" on Facebook he is a Perlio Stud by Flying Hearts Tuffy by Sun Frost.  out of Bailey's Drifter by Cinderwood.  Both sire and dam were buckskin and they both passed along the cream gene to Cam, which then resulted in Perlio.

He can be found at Curtis Watson quarter Horses
For Equine Portraits please contact me
www.JoHPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment