Wednesday, February 20, 2019

What you have to Offer vs Prices

While having a conversation last night with someone they said something that was eye opening and important.  

I receive messages from time to time asking to help locate a horse, I thing being a photographer I get tagged on sell horses and such which is why people contact me they know I may be aware of the exact horse they are looking for.

During a conversation this trainer mentioned "A lot of work goes into a $20,000 horse"  That was very eye opening for me.  When people reach out to me for services as a photographer the one of the first 1 to 2 questions I am asked is "How much do you charge"

People make prices based on "CODB"  Cost of Doing Business.  I have an estimated $20,000 in equipment, Liability Insurance, Equipment Insurance, Vehicle, Vehicle Insurance, Training, I also work hard to improve my skills, I don't get free help like others ask me for, I pay for my training.  All of this comes at a price.  Years of Experience, Better Equipment, Future Training, Paying Sales Tax, Self Employment Tax, Insurance.  All of that comes at a price.

When someone reaches out to me for services, I hope they understand my price is based on all of those things above that "Alot of work goes into my Portrait and Wedding Prices"

When you reach out to a Photographer, think about all they have to offer, not just the dollar they quote to you.

I am very proud to be an award winning photographer, spending hours working on project photos, learning and manipulating light.

Its not always about price, it's "What you have to offer" that is behind the price

www.JoHPhotography.com  "For all your Photography Needs"

No comments:

Post a Comment