Saturday, July 2, 2016

2017 Seniors



The past year I have grown as a portrait photographer, I still make alot of mistakes and miss things during the session but what I learned was that I needed help.  I reached out to Terri Cage to see if she would mentor me and since then I have seen alot of growth in my photography.  She see's things I never thought about.

I've started to go back thru the photos I choose for the client and write down the things I think I can improve on, in hopes that those things will make my next session better.

Nothing against the person in front of the camera, I'm the director, I have to direct them to help them have the best photos ever.

I once thought about stopping portraits - but I really enjoy them, I laugh alot during the session and it helps me to get to know the barrel racers at a more personal level than if they were coming to pick out their event photos from a race I cover.

Photography is a growth, you never know it all, you'll never stop learning.  I can't wait to see how my photos progress after another year.
#JoHPhotography

No comments:

Post a Comment