Friday, November 8, 2019

My Most Recent Session

My most recent session happened to be held at one of my favorite locations (Infinity c Ranch) in Farmersville Texas and was with a few of my favorite ladies since I picked up my camera.

When Alyson contacted me for a quick shoot she wanted something special with herself and her daughter.  We originally planned to have the session at the State Park close to Sanger, but ended up moving the location due to some obligations closer to home for this duo.

I remember walking around thinking, Boy this Sun is harsh, there's not this, there's not that and I had all this worry I wasn't going to get them something to brag about.  I walked here, walked there, held my camera up, down, upside down (haha) and then finally walked to a spot and turned 1/2 way around and knew that was the spot.

Even with all of the scouting, all the prep sometimes things aren't ideal, but that teaches us as artist to just take a look around your surroundings.  You will be surprised what is right in front of you.  I ended up being very blessed with this golden field with the sun just right and the ladies so beautiful there was no way we were going to walk away unhappy.  That little 15-20 minutes in that field turned out to be some of my most favorite work as an artists.  It helped that I had two beautiful ladies in front of me and gorgeous horses as their props.


As an artist if your a photographer, painter, sketch artist, anything just look around without walking in all directions and you will be surprised what's in front of you.  Picture a person or thing in that spot and you can make magic.  Don't overthink it, let the artist in you go free and you will capture a memory for someone that they will proudly display on their wall.

My most recent session made me happy because the mother/daughter that I photographed were happy with their photos and displayed them proudly on facebook and I know will display them on their wall.

www.JoHPhotography.com  #johphotography

Follow me on instagram @joh_photo

2 comments: