Friday, September 20, 2019

Giving back thru Photography


One of the most rewarding things that has happened to me is using my photography and photography gear to “Give Back”.  Doing for others and giving back to a good cause has come to my heart more and more this past year.

I decided to find some organizations to help with my camera, being a HUGE animal lover I thought what better way than reaching out to a few rescue programs to help them find loving homes for the animals they are rescuing.


I reached out to TWO organizations in this area (Wild Heart Rescue in Boyd Texas) and (ShelterHearts in Bowie).  Both are great organizations with loving people with huge hearts doing everything they can to find homes for loving pets wanting a forever home.  I took photos of each of the pets and then they posted them on their site for families to see and hopefully not live without and adopt and take home forever and love them the way God intended when he created these beautiful creatures.

For Wild Heart Rescue in Boyd we did something a little different, we had pet mini sessions, donation only so the families that showed up to have photos taken with their pets made a donation of their choice direct to the Wild Heart Rescue.  It was so much fun and I felt so good helping out a great cause.  We are putting on two more of these this fall November 3, 2019 (this one is full) and November 10, 2019 has a few openings left.  This mini session set will be a little different, we will be creating a Christmas Card for them to share with their friends.
The second rescue program I was happy to help is Sacred Heart from Bowie, I found 
them thru a shared post on facebook and on that post was the dog that would find
his forever home with OUR family.  Ted the beagle/basset mix was a little guy in
the back yard of the shelter, all alone, the saddest face I had ever seen but something
in that face pulled at me and I had to bring him home.  So happy that I found him because
he has made a special place in our family and in our hearts and if I hadn't showed up that
day to photograph and help other dogs find homes, I may not of found him.


If you have a talent, be it photography, videography, graphics, marketing, ANYTHING give back to a good cause.  use your talent to help others, it will make your heart feel so good.

www.JoHPhotography.com   Info@JoHPhotography.com


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, looking forward to you coming back to the Bowie Animal Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll be back this fall and I'm really excited

      Delete